Portfolio *

Coil bowl.
To use at home toothbrush holder.
My first mug.
Final project/lantern
My second mug.
Soap dish.
Vase
My first pinch pot.
Second pinch pot.

My Idiom/Couch Potato

From working on my couch potato I got a lot of practice working with slabs. So luckily it was easier when I was working on my  two mugs. The practice I got working with slabs also helped me with my lantern. The mugs show that my ability to use slabs has gotten a lot better from when I first started working with slabs which was when I made my soap dish. It helped that I got to observe the people at my table when they were working on their mugs. When I was working on my  second mug that was when I started to get really good with slabs. I found that to be the most successful you should get a rubber rib and a spray bottle to smooth the cracks then put the slab through the roller then smooth it again. If I could redo one of my projects I would redo my soap dish. I would redo it now because I am better at making slabs. I was rushing through it so there were a lot of cracks that I just filled in with slip. I used way too much slip and I put my letters on the bottom when the clay was bone dry so I had to use the serrated edge scrapper and slip way more than I would usually have to. The updated version of the soap dish would be very smooth and the letters would not have any cracks and the sides would be connected better. I would have waited longer before I put it in the kiln since the slip was still wet.